Mimosa Sativa Dominant Hybrid creative



The Mimosa strain is somewhat of a rookie champion rising above the competition. Literally topping the multiple best strain list during 2018, Mimosa became popular overnight. However, like the drink the strain takes its name after, Mimosa is best enjoyed during the day. A fresh hit of Mimosa after a full night of rest is reported to slip an energetic lift into the user. The tropical fruit infused high resembles the drink in multiple positive and negative ways. Perfect for “wake and baking” the high experienced will continue to elevate depending on intake and level of smoker. Once a tipping point is reached, the possibility of a burnout or “hangover” is increased. Not to be taken lightly, the burnout experience is a notion familiar to those that utilize Mimosa; the closer they come to the highlight of their buzz, so does the burnout make its way forward. Similar to the cocktail, Mimosa is most effective when taken slow and during the day. A cerebral kick to the head balances the energy received; leaving the user in a state of bliss and distraction.

A fruity aroma heightened by a distinctly picturesque outward appearance combine to shape a stylish hybrid. The purple outer layer, surrounded by white and purple infused trichomes are the result of the positive genetics received from both parents of the hybrid. Clementine and Purple Punch produce the purple and more so the tropical aroma that Mimosa is known for. The sativa split in Mimosa, while difficult for novice smokers to appreciate, is a feeling comparable to a clear Sunday morning that will create an adventure out of mundane activity.

Originating through the work of Symbiotic Genetics, the sativa leaning hybrid Mimosa was first introduced in 2017. Gaining full traction in 2018 after the public began to take notice of the vibrant appearance and aroma, Mimosa did not shy away from the spotlight. The citrus and cerebral appeal of the strain made it a contender in multiple top cannabis lists of 2018 as well as taking home best-newcomer for that year at Westword.com. Like the name implies, Mimosa is a casual party starter that gradually increases in potency before leveling off into a slow steadily decreasing decline. Through the combination of look, aroma, experience, and name recognition, Mimosa solidifies that new strains are doing more than pursue a more intense THC level of escapism.

Strain Type
Mimosa is a hybrid cross between the similarly tropical Clementine and Purple Punch strains. Both are known for their aromas and taste which has seemingly been taken directly from them to ensure Mimosa contains the best the strains have to offer. The cut is made, shifting the percentage of sativa to a bolstering 70% and leaving indica with only 30% left to make use of. This differential is key to the potency of the energy high found in Mimosa. The cerebral effects are caused by the THC averaging at 19-22% and with CBD as low as .05%.

Mimosa Sativa Dominant Hybrid cannabis strain

Terpene Profile

The terpene profile of Mimosa is a grouping of various terpenes that all contribute to a positive result in some way or another. Both Limonene and Linalool are predominantly seen in Mimosa as well as a comparable amount of beta-caryophyllene. The immersive symphony of aromas is due to this emphatic collaboration between the three and when they perform produce a citrus flavoring that consumers seek.


Limonene has been found to contribute greatly to elevation in mood. Having a significant amount of it can lead to the conclusion of Mimosa being a top choice in treating mood disorders and stress relief.


Linalool is central to the overall flavoring and signature scent. Though not as potent in Mimosa, Linalool is known to aid in insomnia despite Mimosa reportedly making sleep difficult for users when utilized during the night.


Caryophyllene adds the stress relief to the mixture, aiding in the beneficial properties of Mimosa in treating mood disorders. Stress levels have seen to be either significantly reduced through Mimosa or stabilized for the patient. This terpene also helps in slight pain relief and acts as an anti-inflammatory.

What Consumers are Saying:

Patients who consume the Mimosa strain of medicinal marijuana have reported both negative and positive effects when using the product. Some common and some rare.

The Positives

  • Happiness
  • Uplifted
  • Light Pain Relief
  • Relaxed
  • Euphoric
  • Focused

Potential Medical Benefits

Below are a list of conditions that Mimosa may be helpful in managing. We have selected these conditions based upon two sources: reviews from consumers who report using the strain to manage these symptoms, and/or substantial scientific evidence suggesting that its dominant terpenes may help manage the conditions listed below.

The Negatives

Some users reported severe dry mouth, dry eyes, and rarely heightened anxiety, dizziness, mild paranoia, and headache.

Scroll to Top